Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Potty Training Day 2

Reese has been doing pretty good with the potty training.  She only had about 4 accidents today...which is saying something because she probably went to the bathroom 20 total times or more.  Why do kids pee so much?? I started to get anxious half way through the day, because she wasn't going on her own accord... she would go when I prompted her (every 2 hours), but if she had to go in between those times, it would usually be running down her leg as she said "uh oh momma, pee pee." haha.  That is actually a GOOD thing because she realized she was going... on Day 1 sometimes she would pee, and just sit in it until I noticed.  Ugh.  Everytime she had an accident I would run her to the potty where she would always have a little left over for the toilet.  By this evening (about 5 pm), she FINALLY was going on her own without me prompting her (including a #2!!!!!!!!!!!  This is a huge deal, people)... I think it is really starting to click with her.  This is exactly how it went with Zoe too, tomorrow should be virtually accident free if Reese follows the same course.  We shall see.......................

Aren't her shoes cute??? $4.50, Divine Consign


I have to give Reese some props, because she has been doing this with pretty much no reward system.  She lost interest in the recycled Easter basket candy, so I stopped giving it to her.  When Zoe was training, I had a big basket of dollar store toys and goodies.  She would get to pick something out everytime she went.  She would literally sit on the toilet for an hour, and make me put the basket right in front of her so she could pick something out while she tried to go.  So cute.  Memories :)  I have plans to get some goodies for Reese.  She definitely deserves them.

If anyone else has started the potty training process let me know how it is going and what tips and tricks are working for you!  This is a tough time and we've got to stick together ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment