Monday, January 10, 2011

Cabin Fever

Well, it has been about 7 days since the girls and I have left the house to do anything but go to the Doctor!! I think we are all slowly going crazy. Even Zoe keeps saying, "mommy I want to get out of the house!" I wish!!!! We are not used to staying inside all day. We usually are out meeting friends or Jay for lunch, going to the park or mall... anything to give us something to do:) As I posted last, the girls have both been sick with a virus... well, Saturday Zoe was still having fever on and off, and I listened to her with my steth after she had her morning breathing treatment, and was pretty sure I heard some fluid in her right lower lung...sigh. Off to see Dr. Salem we went who thankfully has Saturday office hours! I am glad we went too, b/c Dr. Salem also heard fluid in her right lower lobe (pneumonia! :( ), and on top of that Zoe has double ear infections!!! She hasn't complained even once about her ears, and Dr. Salem said she probably has a pretty high pain tollerance. This is only her 2nd ear infection ever, having just had her first only about a month ago. Hope this isn't a trend! Reesie is sick too, but luckily doesn't have the breathing problems Zoe does. She has a cough, runny nose, and is just generally cranky. Hopefully they both get over this soon. The good news is Dr. Salem says Zoe sounds so much better than she used too.


So Zoe, Reese, and I have been hanging out inside watching disney movies and playing games. Zoe LOVES doing puzzles and we have done every single one of her puzzles about 50 times each (this is not an exageration). Zoe also has an incredible imagination and loves to play pretend. Today, she was pretending she was Santa Clause and she found some of Reese's little knit hats and was putting little treats in them and saying she was "filling the stockings." Then she put a bunch of books under her dresser and said these were the presents under the tree! She is so funny!


Here is picture of how I found Zoe yesterday:




I found her in the kitchen dipping saltine crackers in the whip cream (and eating it!) while wearing her tap shoes. hahaha. Hopefully Zoe is better by Thursday, her 3rd birthday!!!!!!!! We are all very excited for her party on Saturday, mainly for the contact with the outside world! :P








Not to leave my sweet Reese out, here is a video of her "crawling." Isn't she the cutest thing???


1 comment:

  1. How cute is that?? I can't believe she's crawling little stinker!!

    ReplyDelete