Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Zoe's New Room!!!


I am really proud of Zoe's new room for several reasons... 1.  It didn't cost very much to do  2.  Almost everything in her room I already had (either it came from her old room, or it was in the guest bedroom, and 3.  It is so cute!! (IMHO)
Now, here is a little picture tour...



Here is the room before I got started.. had just bought the bedding from Home Goods... about $39.99.  You can see how the night stand used to look here before I painted it.  Also, we completely rearranged the furniture to another wall, you may not be able to tell from pictures though.
Before photo of old IKEA wood mirrors

Here is the bed all made up.  Everything on the bed is new and from Home Goods, except for the white pillow which I believe was about $10 from IKEA.  Also, you can see I spray painted the old wood IKEA mirrors to match the bedding and placed over the bed.   LOVE LOVE LOVE the pale pink on the walls.  "Hush" from Behr.  The paint was probably the most expensive part of the room... about $80 for 2 gallons plus supplies.  Bedding total was about $75 with pillows. 

The headboard and dresser were a gift from my parents when I got my first apartment (so they are about 10 years old now!  Antiques??? haha).  They are a very nice set from Bassett, so there was no way I was touching them with any paint, however I really love how the brown wood looks in the room!  Was pleasantly surprised!

Here is the best wide shot I could get of the whole room.  Lighting was bad :(

 I have had this mirror for many, many years.  Bought it at Garden Ridge.  I spray painted it hot pink to match the bedding, and placed it in the corner (see next photo for after)
 CUTE!  The green memory boards(not sure what they are called?), are from Kohl's, and these were moved from Zoe's old room.  Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle ;)

This is probably my favorite part of the room.  Bookshelves form IKEA (less than $30 for both)... these are the best book shelves ever because 1.  They are CHEAP 2.  They are so cute!!, and 3.  Kids can't pull them down on their heads because they are anchored to the wall!! WIN!  If you look above the table (again, Zoe has had this table for several years), you can see the butterfly mobile that started out over her crib as an infant and now is in her book/coloring corner.
Mobile

Zoe loves picking out her books to read at night from her new book shelves


These priceless works of art (by Zoe Juliana Alsup) are hung on the wall over her table and chairs


Here is a "before" picture of the mirror before I spray painted it white


"After" much better!

Little bit closer view of the dresser and mirror

Another cheap favorite.  IKEA frames 99 cents a piece with black and white photos of Zoe
Night stand next to bed... this was spray painted lime green to match bedding, then I replaced the old knobs with crystal ones.  I didn't mind spray painting the night stand b/c it was a cheapie off of overstock.com we have had for about 5 years.  "Z is for Zoe" print bought on Etsy several years ago and came from her old room.

 Another wall with shelf from her old room, and yes that is a fish on her wall.
  Hello, Dorothy!


Another room view
sheer polka dot curtains from Target $40 for both panels, and $20 wood curtain rod from Lowes




I'll send everyone off with a pic of how I found Zoe and Reese this morning...

Goofballs!


No comments:

Post a Comment