Monday, August 22, 2011

FUN WEEKEND!



This past weekend one of my very best friends, Stacie, and her entire family came up to visit us.  Stacie and I met our Sophmore (JR??~ It took me 5 years to graduate!), year in college and hit it off right away.  I do miss our college days, but I think we are even closer now that we are married with families.  I can tell her anything that is on my mind, and I know she won't judge me... at least not to my face.  She is one of my favorite people to share my "mommy gripes" with... everyone else thinks I have perfect children;)  Stacie and her husband, Cort, have twins (Caden and Ainsley) that are just 6 months older than Reese.  I wish we all lived closer, but we probably see eachother every few months since they are just in Waco.  Here are some highlights of our weekend.

Saturday morning we woke up, had a BIG breakfast (b/c that is my most important meal of the day!)... and headed off to the park before it got too hot.  I don't think anytime is early enough to beat the heat in Dallas though!
Such good dads!  Jay and Cort pushing Zoe and Ainsley on the swings.

Ainsley and Reese did not want to have their picture taken!  I wish I had a picture of Ainsley's pretty face!  Ainsley looks just like Cort, and Caden looks just like Stacie.


Reesie Pie loves to swing!
Later that day we headed to Plano's Indoor Safari Park to get the kids good and worn out before we had an adults only evening:)

Caden taking a ride on a dino

Where else would Zoe be but the trampoline???


After some serious leg work while I was at work Friday, I finally secured us 2 teenage babysitters from my neighborhood so the adults could go out for a nice quiet dinner Saturday night.  I made Restaurant Week reservations for us at Bailey's Prime Plus in Fairview for 8:45...we got all the babies to sleep before we left (they were exhausted after our fun day!), and I put Rio on for Zoe.  Easiest money ever, right??? Bailey's was great, and I love that we got to have some kid-free time with Stacie and Cort.  All of my best friends have married great guys, and Stacie is no exception.  We have a great time with Cort who is hilarious!  We had a blast at dinner, and didn't leave until 1045... too late for a movie (and not much else a pregnant girl can do!) so we headed home with a rental....Needless to say after putting "Limitless" on at about 11 pm, Jay was the only one still awake 15 minutes later!!!!!!!!!! LOL!  Oh, the life of parents:)  Thank you Stacie and Cort for  coming, we love you guys and had such a great time!



Sunday afternoon, after it was just our family again, I decided to straighten Zoe's hair for real, since we had been playing "beauty shop" all day.  Oh my gosh, she looked so cute!! I wish I could have had a video camera when I showed her what she looked like for the first time in the mirror.  She could not stop laughing! It was the cutest thing... then she couldn't stop loooking in the mirror for the rest of the day... so stinking cute!


 Who is this stranger??
 Me and my sweet girls.  Pretty sure Reese is going to have straight hair like me!



  
  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment