Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I'M MELTING!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think I could possibly complain about the heat in Dallas this year enough.  I apologize to God for complaining all winter long about how frigid it was.  I'm sorry! I'm sorry!!  Please, please send me some rain!!

Anyways, both my girls are completely exhausted (and napping peacefully) after spending an afternoon at gymnastics, lunch with Daddy and me at Corner Bakery, and then shopping at IKEA with Ms. Britney and E!  Zoe is tall enough to play in their free child care center now, which was awesome for both of us.  All shopping centers and restaurants should have this service! :)  She had a blast, but when we were on the way home she proceeded to tell me that she made some friends there, but they wouldn't hold her hand! hahaha.  She is a loving little girl. 

As usual, this is my first time to update in months, and this time I have a fairly good reason.  Jay and I found out we are having our 3rd child (surprise!!! As there are many of you who don't know!)  due in late Dec/early Jan... and I have been sick,exhausted, pounding head aches...the usual pregnancy symptoms of mine.  The pregnancy was a huge surprise for us.  Zoe and Reese are 2 1/2 years apart, but Reese and Baby #3 will only be 19 months apart!! Yikes!  Hope I am up for this! We are very excited.  I am 17 weeks, and can find out the sex of the baby at my next appointment, but Jay and I think we are going to let it be a surprise.  I am about 99.99% positive it is another girl though!  (2 old wives tales gender testing, and the Chinese gender calander agree with me!)  Poor Jay.. he is going to be out numbered.  Just this afternoon he was telling me that if it's a boy he wants to name him Jaxson with and "x"... I don't know where he even picked up this name!! I like it, but it cracks me up to hear him talk about how anyone named "Jaxson Alsup" will be an amazing athlete! LOL!  Oh Jay.... Zoe has your athletic ability already, what will you do if we have a boy who has mine????? TROUBLE! 

In other news, Zoe and Reese are doing great.  Zoe loves to tell people that I have a baby in my tummy, that has been one way others have been finding out!! She is already a great big sis to Reese... when Reese isn't doing something that bothers her...which is often ;)  She is out of dance for the summer, and just doing gymnastics.  She has been with Coach Laura at WOGA Frisco since she was 15 months old!  Crazy!  She LOVES it.  She is easily the best in her class (sorry, but this is true!)... and she loves it.  I think she would go every day if she could.  She also is extremely excited to be starting preschool in the Fall.  I am very excited about this as well!  She is signed up 3 days a week... but I have her on a waiting list to just attend 2 days a week.  Preschool is $$ ! So far, no call. 

Reese is FINALLY walking 100% of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is so cute!!  It's also about time.  The past week she finally decided that walking IS better than crawling!  I like her walking better... I can see the top of her head when she is getting into things, and she doesn't have her hands all over the floor!  I know people give me strange looks when we are out in public and I let her crawl around.  Sorry, but she's a 1 year old, she doesn't want to be strapped in, and she doesn't walk yet, so that's why she's crawling all over the ground!  I am not a germaphobe.  Reese has also only been sick once since her birth... an ear infection a couple of weeks ago.  Germs can be good people! :)
Family pic taken at the end of May.  I was about 9 weeks pregnant or so... I was sooo sick this day, it took all my energy to get the girls ready, get myself ready, and  make it to the photo shoot!!




Reese at 1 year old


Me at 1 year old... freaky, right? ;-)



And I will end this post with a recipe I made last night.  By far the best meatloaf I have ever eaten!!!! Really, it is so simple, and if you like meatloaf you should try it!  (I love it when people post recipes)...

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mini-meatloaves/detail.aspx

If you don't have mini loaf pans, then make it in a muffin tin (fills about 8 muffin slots)... so GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment