Sunday, August 7, 2011

Perfect Birthday! :)

My family likes to laugh at how my expectations for my birthday were always SO high when I was younger, that there was no way I would be anything but dissapointed.  This is true, even though they always did make my birthday very special:)  Things haven't changed much over the years.  My birthday is probably still my favorite "holiday" right behind Halloween.  I always say my favorite months are August and October.  Maybe I am a little narcissistic?? haha.  Hopefully not! 
Well this year was was probably my best birthday ever.  Really.  Jay has been extra attentive/helpful/awesome all week long (he is still trying to make up for leaving me alone while he had a fun weekend in Utah...), and I FINALLY got a really nice camera which is something I have been wanting for awhile.  It is a Canon Rebel, and so far I love it.  I have grand plans to take a photography class and really figure out how to use it.  We shall see.  I also got a case, an extra lens, and Photoshop Elements (again, I have grand plans to figure this out as well!  So hard to find time though!) 
Also of note: my cousin and his wife took pity on my facebook plea for icecream cake and brought me one a couple of days before my birthday.  It has all been eaten, and it was DELISH.  Thanks again Tobes and Ash. 
But the best part was today.  My parents were in town for my Nanny's 80th birthday (which was a blast, by the way... love seeing all my family!), and my mom and Jay got together and planned a surprise birthday party for me!!! Let me say, a party was the LAST thing I was expecting... it was a huge surprise!!  Earlier today we were talking about what we were going to do for the day, and my mom suggested we eat at El Fenix.  One of my very favorite restaurants, and one of my parents' favorite too, so they never leave town without eating there. This was not strange at all.  Looking back, however, I was wondering why my dad was so intent on leaving at 11:45 (he kept saying, "Let's go, I'm hungry!!"  lol!  Geez Dad, whatever! ;)  We got there and when we made it to the back of the restaurant I could not figure out why all my family was there (aunts, uncles, sisters, cousins), plus 2 of my best friends.  I think Britney is the only one who yelled "surprise," or it's the only one I heard... I remember looking behind me because I had no idea what was going on.  I didn't quite get it until I saw the cake on the table said "Happy Birthday Whitney!"  Ahhh, a party for ME????  YEAH!  I had a blast, and I can't thank everyone enough for showing up.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the afternoon.  (from my new camera!)

Reesie pie!!!

A view of the party

Friends + El Fenix staff singing to me

My cake! 

Uncle Zach and Zoe

Nathan.  So handsome here...

Had to put this one in because Madison's face is so cute in the photo!! Bryan looks a little dazed...

Brit, Reese, and Ella.  Ella thought Reese was hilarious.

Some of my large family

Maddie cakes!!!!!!

Nate and Urs are so loving towards eachother...

Me and Ursula... and Nathan acting his mature 30 year old self.  You'll always be older than me Nathan!! Bwahahaha;)

Sisters and Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!

Attempt at a family photo... we had been partied out!

I can not thank everyone enough for coming out!! I love my friends and family!  I love that I am so close to my cousins and my sisters... and that my best friends that showed up for my surprise 29th birthday, are the same ones that showed up for my surprise 14th birthday party... My mom picks some random ages!!!!!!!  Thanks again everyone! 


2 comments: